There's something magical about tools. Whether we're talking equipment for a hobby you practice or devices for your profession, researching and learning about new potential additions to our toolboxes is an important part of our development.
Occasionally I'll get asked about the hardware or software I own and use. I decided to create a list of things that help me get stuff done—I'll keep this page updated as my setup changes.
Most of these links are amazon affiliate links, so I'll support my passion for coffee and adventures if you buy through them.
Sound & Video
Editor & Terminal
- Visual Studio Code is my current editor. I've been using it for a few years now and I don't have any reason to switch. I do use vim for quick edits.
- I mainly use iTerm2, but have been contemplating a switch to Warp Terminal.
- You can see most of my config files over at my DotFiles repo.
- I use Magnet for window management. Sweet!
- I've been using Alfred for many years and have many workflows but have recently switched over to Raycast which is a very powerful alternative!
- Lunar app is one of the best apps I've used to manage my monitors.
- Get truly powerful control over all the audio on your Mac. I use SoundSource for a superior sound management and redirects.
- It’s about time. I use Cron for scheduling.
- 1Password is my password manager of choice. I've been using it for years and that's usually the first app I install in any new supported device.
- I was born in Brazil and I've been living in the US for the past 11 years, yet, english doesn't feel like my first language. I use Grammarly to help me with that.
- Don't judge me! I still use Apple Mail app. It's simple, and straight to the point. Open to suggestions.
- Affinity Suite is my go to for all my design needs. I use Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo.
- 2023-07-09 - Initial draft